Southampton vs Manchester United Preview, Prediction, Latest H2H results: Premier League 21/22, Gameweek 2
It’s the Saints against the Devils this weekend as St. Mary’s prepares itself to host Manchester United. Alley Sport brings you the Southampton vs Manchester United Preview, Prediction, and H2H results from this much-awaited Premier League match-up on Sunday, 22nd August.
Southampton vs Manchester United Preview
Southampton come into this game on the back of a damaging defeat against Everton. Danny Ings’ absence was momentarily forgotten by the Saints fans as Adam Armstrong fired them in front against the Toffees on GW1. However, Everton scored thrice and won the game 3-1 despite Ralph Hasenhuttl’s best efforts.
Man United, on the other hand, would be confident coming into this game. Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho could make their much-hyped debuts but even without them, they showed how good they were during their 5-1 thrashing of Leeds United last weekend.
A lot of United players would have a statement to make as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aims for the title. Dan James has the opportunity to impress and get his name up in the pecking order, while Victor Lindelof can build on his staunch display against the Whites and keep Varane away from the United starting XI for a few more weeks.
Southampton vs Manchester United vs H2H Results
The two clubs have met 129 times in history and United have obviously had the upper hand in their encounters. They have won 67 times, losing on 28 occasions, while the rest of the 34 games have been a draw. The tale of their last 10 games against the Saints is also peculiar. They are unbeaten in that time, but have won on only 5 occasions and their last encounter ended in a 9-0 drubbing last season.
Manchester United record vs Southampton (last 10 games): W-W-D-D-W-D-D-W-D-W-W
Southampton vs Manchester United vs Match Prediction
Manchester United look in irresistible form right now and that is without their two summer signings. Southampton have added Theo Walcott to their ranks and have the likes of Adam Armstrong and new signing Armando Broja to support Che Adams, but United are just too well balanced and strong to drop anything against the Saints. We go with a narrow win for the away side.
Comment on “Southampton vs Manchester United Preview, Prediction, Latest H2H results: Premier League 21/22, Gameweek 2” and let us know your views on who will win the game.
- Bayern Munich predicted lineup vs Dortmund, Preview, Latest Team News, Prediction, Live Stream, DFL Supercup Final 2021/2022
- Everton predicted lineup vs Leeds United: Preview, Latest Team News, Prediction and Live Stream- Premier League 2020/21 Gameweek 2
- Wolves predicted lineup vs Tottenham, Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Livestream: Premier League 2021/22 Gameweek 2
- Manchester City predicted lineup vs Norwich, Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Livestream: English Premier League 2021/22 Gameweek 2
- Chelsea predicted lineup vs Arsenal, Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Livestream: English Premier League 2021/22 Gameweek 2
For More stories like Southampton vs Manchester United Preview and H2H results, click here.