Ranking the safest betting apps of 2023
If you’ve decided to take up sports betting as a new hobby and excitedly logged into your app store,you will no doubt be greeted by hundreds of choices. Which ones are legit and which ones are out to steal your money? Instead of getting going, defeated, you might be tempted to put the phone down and binge watch Love Island instead. We’ve all been there…it’s a real modern-day dilemma.
While variety is the spice of life, there can be too much choice, it can feel impossible to weed out the good from the bad. That’s probably what led you to this very article…a hope that someone could perhaps shed a little light on which apps to forge ahead with and which ones to ignore. We’ve done the hard work for you and vetted loads of sports betting apps in order to rank the very best — and safest — apps of 2023.
How we chose our top picks
We didn’t just pick whichever name had a ring to it or the app with the best gimmicks. No, we took our job seriously and used several factors to determine which betting apps are the safest to use. Our criteria included the following:
- Is the company licensed to operate?
- Do they implement a Know Your Customer (KYC) policy to weed out fraudsters?
- What security and encryption measures have they put into place?
- Do they advocate for responsible gambling?
- Do they offer well-known and reliable payment methods?
- Are their terms and conditions clear?
1. talkSport BET
talkSPORT is one of the biggest sports radio stations in the world, so it’s exciting to see their recent collaboration with BetVictor to bring fans talkSPORT BET. Despite only launching in 2022, it has quickly climbed the ranks as one of the UK’s top sports betting apps. It is fully licensed and regulated by the UKGC and boasts multi-channel customer support if you find yourself in a bind. To keep your information secure, they have invested in encryption and firewalls, and also have two-factor authenticationenabled.
- Sports betting and casino in one app for ease of use
- Well-designed app
- Deposit limits and other responsible gambling tools available
BoyleSports is another very well-known name in the sports betting world with a global footprint. It offers several payment options, including Skrill, Neteller, PayPal and GooglePay. Their firewall is considered practically impenetrable and they employ SSL encryption to keep your personal information secure. All documents are stored in a cloud-based locker for an added layer of security. Finally, BoyleSports advise that they only connect their servers to secure networks, ensuring they don’t give any would-be hackers an opportunity. Over and above these security features, they have an excellent selection of international sports to bet on as well as novelty markets and online casino games.
- Large selection of secure payment methods
- A rigorous KYC process to ensure no underage our fraudulent players can sign up
- Several responsible gambling features, including self-exclusion and deposit limits
3. Sky Bet
Sky Bet falls under the Sky Sports umbrella.As one can imagine, it lives up to its trusted parent company’s reputation. Sky Bets are the official sponsors of the English Football League, but this doesn’t mean you’re limited to betting on the footie only as they offer a wide variety of betting markets. Security is absolutely top-notch with Verisign SSL encryption technology securing the site and mobile app.
- Licensed by the UKGC as well as the Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- There are a handful of useful responsible gambling tools at your disposal such as setting cooling-off periods, reality checks and self-exclusion to avoid developing bad habits
This is considered by many seasoned punters to be one of the safest betting apps atthe moment. They useSSL encryption to secure all transactions and data sharing. The mobile app also offers two-factor authenticationfor even more control over your safety and privacy. BetVictor hasa dedicated anti-fraud team who are always on the lookout for suspicious behaviour and alsohandlethe company’s KYC processes.
- There are multiple ways to receive customer support ranging from live chats to text, email and a call-back option
- A detailed KYC policy and robust fraud detection measures ensure your safety
As a veteran in the sports betting world, BetUK has always had customer safety as a top priority. They have invested in high-level security systems and encryption technology to secure user information. Over and above this, they employ two-factor authentication to keep your account safe from hackers. They are advocates for responsible gambling, with resources available for people struggling with gambling addiction and offer the option to set account limits. In addition to these security features, BetUK offers a huge variety of markets to wager on as well as exciting ongoing bonus offers.
- Several responsible gambling tools
- A fantastic KYC policy to prevent scams
6. William Hill
William Hill is considered an iconic name in the UK sports betting industry, having been around since 1934. As you can imagine, betting has changed a lot in almost a century, but William Hill hasmanaged to remain agile and adapt as the world changes. They first went online in 1998, which makes them one of the oldest online betting websites in the UK —and with age comes wisdom! They may be old hat but that doesn’t mean they shy away from modern security systems such as SSL encryption.
- Multiple payment methods available, including PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, ApplePay, PayZ and more
- They’re industry pioneers who take security and privacy very seriously
- You’ll be taken through their Safer Gambling Hub after signing up, which educates you on various gambling issues and gives you various tools to support healthy gambling habits
Now that you know which are the safest betting apps in 2023, all that’s left to do is hop online and place your bets with the peace of mind that your personal and financial information is safe!