Newcastle United latest team news: COVID-19 outbreak in the Magpies camp

Alley Sport brings to you the Newcastle United latest team news. Newcastle United who won against Crystal Palace on Friday did not train yesterday. The reason behind is that the whole first team is self-isolating, after several unnamed players and members of the backroom staff have contracted COVID-19.

Newcastle United latest team news
Steve Bruce and Newcastle United FC’s players., Newcastle United latest team news

The club say that they are “following appropriate protocols”. It all started after Steve Bruce’s men beat Crystal Palace 2-0 on Friday. According to reports of the Telegraph “four players and a staff member tested positive for the virus last week.” Newcastle United’s first-team squad are being forced to isolate at home after the club were asked to close the training ground again on Monday.

Newcastle United latest team news: COVID-19 outbreak in the Magpies camp 1
Image credits: Getty Images, Newcastle United latest team news, Newcastle United latest team news

The club also said that players and staff were tested at home on Sunday which cancelled the injury treatment and recovery sessions on Sunday and regular team practice on Monday. Newcastle United latest team news today says that the number of positive test results increased by Monday afternoon, which triggered more mass test fearing more further infections.

Image credits: Getty Images,  Newcastle United latest team news
Image credits: Getty Images, Newcastle United latest team news

Newcastle United latest team news:

Newcastle are to play Aston Villa on Friday but reports say that Newcastle FC’s Players may not be able to train for the game on Friday. According to the current rules of the Premier League it looks like the match will not be postponed, as rules state that every player or staff member who tests positive must isolate for 10 days.

The Premier League has issued guidance to clubs that only a mass outbreak among the senior squad could force a postponement. For the match to be postponed 14 first team players must be ruled out but the Premier League would count under-23s with experience around the senior squad as viable options to fulfil the fixture.

On Friday when Newcastle beat Crystal Palace 2-0 there were a number of players missing like Allan Saint-Maximin, Isaac Hayden,Andy Carroll, Skipper Jamal Lascelles, Emil Krafth, and goalkeeper Martin Dubravka. Newcastle did not confirm as to the reason of absence of these players was due to covid or injury related.

Moreover Newcastle have not named any of the players or staff who have contracted covid.

For more stories click here.

Check out our YouTube channel to stay in touch with the latest happenings in the world of football.