Who is the Highest scoring German in Premier League History?
As the 2021/2022 Premier League has just begin, Alley Sports brings to you interesting facts about players in the Premier League, here we look into who the Highest scoring German in Premier League History is. Can you name the Top German Scorer in the English League? Scroll down to find out who it is.
Highest scoring German in Premier League
For the past several decades, the English first division, known as the Premier League has attracted tons of foreign players due to its money, its atmosphere, and sometimes players come for the challenges it offers. Among players from several different countries around the globe, there has been a healthy number of German professionals who have come to the Premier League to play their football. Alley Sports looks into these players and brings the most successful ones in terms of output into the limelight for our readers.
Highest Scoring German in Premier League History : Top 5
5. Leroy Sane – 25 Goals : This exciting young German professional makes this list after his very successful stint at Manchester City, winning the treble with them as well as the PFA Young Player of the Year award in 2017-2018, becoming the first and only German player to win it. Since then, he has made a big money move to Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich.
4. Ilkay Gundogan -28 Goals : This extremely prolific midfielder plays both for club and country in the central midfield area. Particularly last season, 2020-2021, he had made great late runs as well as supporting runs into the box and improved his hold up play in and around the danger area and had scored 13 goals just in the Premier League for the Premier League Champions.
3. Uwe Rösler – 29 Goals : Rösler is yet another Manchester City German professional that makes it into this list. He had scored tons of goals and was the leading scorer in the Premier League for 3 consecutive seasons from 1994-1997.
2. Jürgen Klinsmann – 29 Goals : Klinsmann played for Tottenham in the 90’s and was a winner of the FA Player of the Year for his great goal getting ability. He was also a fan favorite during his short stint in the Premier League scoring 29 goals during this period.
1. Mesut Özil – 33 Goals : This is a player who not only holds the record for the most number of goals by a German player in the Premier League but also holds the record for most number of assists in a single Premier League season with 19 assists to his name. His time at Arsenal saw him help end the Gunners trophy drought as well as him being a prolific scorer during important matches. He amassed 33 goals for Arsenal making him the Highest scoring German in Premier League History.
Which German footballers can break the Current Record?
There are several young German footballers who can very well go ahead and break the record set by Mesut Özil. The closest on this list would be Ilkay Gundogan who is in 28 goals and should he be as prolific as he was last season, he will easily break the record of 33 goals set by the former Arsenal star.
The two German attackers of Chelsea Timo Werner and Kai Havertz are also candidates worthy of mention, considering that they are both very young and should they find the net consistently in the seasons to come, they can also break the record of Highest scoring German in Premier League history, considering that they seem set to play in the Premier League for many years to come.
Watch Premier League Live Stream to catch the latest action!
Viewers in India can watch the Premier League 2021/2022 live on the Star Sports Network. It can be watched live on these TV Channels : Star Sports Select 1, Star Sports Select 1 HD, Star Sports Select 2, Star Sports Select 2 HD, and Star Sports 3.
Viewers can also watch Premier League Live Stream on Hotstar streaming platforms.
Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel for exciting content and the latest updates
Click here for more regular updates.