Did Messi get injured vs Venezuela? Revisiting the shocking tackle on Messi in 3-1 win
Did Messi get injured vs Venezuela? Revisiting the shocking tackle on Messi
Lionel Messi only recently signed for PSG in a big move from Barcelona. But his fairytale journey this summer to a new club almost suffered a big blow after Venezuela’s player made a shocking tackle on Messi.
Did Messi get injured vs Venezuela? Video of the tackle on Messi
Lionel Messi did not get injured vs Venezuela. Argentina played the Venezuelans in a FIFA World Cup qualifier game.
As expected, Messi was tightly marked and he was struggling to find space early on. But around the half-hour mark, there was a horror tackle on Messi made by Adrien Martinez. He was given the marching orders after that.
But the red card did not change anything. Fans were still on the edge of their seat to see if Messi got injured. Thankfully, he did not, and he got back up on his feet and soldiered on to play the full 90 minutes for La Abiceleste. Below is a video of the tackle on Messi, Venezuela vs Argentina.
Argentina beat Venezuela despite red card tackle on Messi
Argentina ran out 3-1 winners on the day. Lautaro Martinez opened the scoring with a penalty in first-half added time. Joaquin Correa and Angel Correa then added two goals in the second half to make sure Argentina were never in danger of losing the game.
Venezuela got their goal but it was in the 94th minute and meant absolutely nothing. Lionel Messi did not score but that Messi did not get injured vs Venezuela is a win for football fans everywhere. Messi made his debut for PSG last week in a much-hyped game against Reims.
He will now return to France but not before he plays the last fixture for Argentina during this international break. They take on Bolivia on 10th September. Argentina are currently 2nd in the qualifiers table with 15 points from 7 games.
They only trail Brazil but by 6 points. Nevertheless, having Messi onboard means they would be favourites to easily progress from the group for Qatar.
Comment on “Did Messi get injured vs Venezuela? Revisiting the shocking tackle on Messi in 3-1 win” and let us know your thoughts on who will win the game.
- Russia predicted lineup vs Malta, Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Livestream: UEFA 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers
- Switzerland predicted lineup vs Italy: Preview, Latest Team News, Prediction and Live Stream- 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Turkey predicted lineup vs Netherlands: Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Live Stream, FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifiers
- Wales predicted lineup vs Belarus: Preview, Latest Team News, Prediction and Live Stream- 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Colombia predicted lineup vs Paraguay, Preview, Prediction, Latest Team News, Livestream: 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar Qualifiers
For More stories like Did Messi get injured vs Venezuela? Video of tackle on Messi in 3-1 win, click here.